You know, it’s not only women who like to be flattered. Us guys like to hear that we look nice, and that we're wanted and appreciated too. Here's a number of things Brie Schwartz from redbook magazine figured out her man like to hear...
- "You look handsome" (I'm not vain, but nice to hear)
- "Thank you" (Most women are polite, but not all)
- "I trust you" (That's huge)
- "I'm on your side" (Many of us guys REALLY need to hear that)
- "I'm listening" (That's a personal pet peeve of mine, gotta pay attention)
- "Good morning. Let's get frisky!" (Hopefully she says it better than that)
- "I'm sorry" (Another huge one for me, and OWN it)
- "Your friends are fun" (Only if they really are - haha)
- "You look buff" (That one would be a lie, in my case, but I'm getting there.)
- "You make me better" (Everyone would love to hear that)
Brie fills these out in detail in the article here.
I've been in radio since 1981, starting on Cape Cod, and in Boston, Massachusetts where I grew up. (when The Sox and Patriots both broke everyone's hearts, and the Celtics ruled. Funny how things change.)
After 3 years in Las Vegas in the late 80's, early 90's I was looking for work and luckily found myself here in Cleveland in 1991, through some mutual radio friends. I got to play the hits as Jammin 92's Night guy until 1999, and met Britney Spears back when she wasn't making people gag.
After watching my former company screw up the Jammin' Oldies thing for a couple of years, I came to Majic in 2001, the best decision I ever made!