(Portage County)- The Stow Fire Department was dispatched to Sto-Kent Lanes on Fishcreek Road Thursday morning with a report that an individual had fainted at the location.
Stow Fire Department arrived on the scene at 11:43am, and quickly determined that the cause was a carbon monoxide leak inside the facility. The facility was immediately evacuated, and Stow Fire Prevention shut the building down.
Approximately 30-35 customers were exposed to carbon monoxide, with 27 or more transported to eight area hospitals. Others were checked at the scene, and then refused further treatment.
Nine other fire departments in the surrounding area, in addition to Stow Fire Department responded to the situation.
Those departments were; Munroe Falls, Kent, Hudson, Cuyahoga Falls, Tallmadge, Macedonia, Akron, Twinsburg, and Valley. Dominion East Ohio was also at the scene.
The City of Stow is continuing to monitor the situation and will follow up with any new developments.